The Somerville Homeless Coalition is a safety net for homeless and hungry families and children in Somerville and the greater Boston area. Your generous donation helps to provide food and shelter for those in immediate need, case management for those working to regain or maintain permanent housing, and resources, referrals and other services to help prevent people from becoming homeless in the first place. The Somerville Homeless Coalition is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, tax identification number 04-2897447.
Click here to give online to support SHC’s programs and services.
A convenient and secure way to help families and individuals who are homeless, near-homeless, or hungry get access to shelter, supportive services and food.
Donate to SHC by Mail
You may send your check, payable to Somerville Homeless Coalition, by mail to:
Somerville Homeless Coalition
PO Box 440436
Somerville, MA 02144
Homelessness exists 365 days a year. Help someone all year long by pledging your support every month. Your monthly donation goes further, because we can manage our budget better and plan with more confidence, knowing we can count on your regular support.
Our corporate neighbors generously support our work in the community as sponsors, advertisers, grant makers, as well as providing volunteers.
Other Ways to Give
- Memorial or Tribute Gifts: A gift to the Somerville Homeless Coalition in memory of or in honor of someone is a unique and thoughtful gift. We will send a note to the honoree, or a designated person for memorials, letting them know a gift has been made on their behalf.
- Planned Giving – Anyone can make a bequest in their will, or make other financial arrangements for a legacy gift. Read more
- Gifts of Stock – Contact Peg Drisko, Director of Operations and Strategic Partnerships, at: 617-623-6111.
- In-Kind Gifts – our food pantries can always use donations of food, and our shelters can use selected personal care items. Read more
- Matching Gifts – leverage your gift by applying to your employer’s gift matching program.
- United Way and other workplace giving programs – The Somerville Homeless Coalition is an approved recipient of the United Way, and also benefits from numerous other workplace giving programs.
Host a Fundraiser to Benefit SHC
Help us weave in more strands of support from the community by raising funds and/or conducting a drive to collect food, toiletries, or other needed items to benefit clients of SHC. Read more