Our Mission, Values and Vision
The mission of the Somerville Homeless Coalition is to provide homeless and near homeless individuals and families with individualized supportive services and tailored housing solutions with a goal of obtaining and maintaining affordable housing.
- Help people gain access to permanent housing
- Utilize SHC shelters as a short term program to triage, assess and stabilize families and individuals in crisis.
- Utilize our case management and expand our prevention programs to help people live as independently as possible.
- Develop innovative programs to reduce the need for emergency systems of care in the community.
- Build alliances with affordable housing providers and other organizations that serve homeless individuals and families.
- We treat all people with dignity and respect, always with the understanding that we are part of one community
- We are community leaders and advocates for homeless people and people at risk of homelessness.
- We are committed to innovation and best practices in our programs.
- 9th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Award (2012)
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and
Merrimack Valley Community Partner of the Year (2012)
- Walk for Hunger Recognition Recipient (2011-2012)
P.O. Box 440436 Somerville, MA 02144
Administration & Housing Services
1 Davis Square Somerville, MA 02144
*TTY Number 617-776-0750